Frankfurt Music Prize 2017 goes to David Garrett

Tuesday, February 21st, 2017 at 17:23

Extraordinary musician to be honoured during Musikmesse 2017

Presentation ceremony with musical interlude at the ‘Paulskirche’ in Frankfurt on 7 April

Internationally renowned star violinist David Garrett is to be honoured with the Frankfurt Music Prize 2017. The award is given annually during the Musikmesse fair to personalities whose work represents a special contribution to the worldwide music scene and culture. David Garrett will be presented with the award in the ‘Paulskirche’, Frankfurt, on 7 April and give a brief demonstration of his talent live on stage.

The trustees of the Frankfurt Music Prize acclaim David Garrett as an artist who is able to introduce innumerable people to classical music via his crossover projects and, simultaneously, awaken interest in classical music with his chamber-music evenings and orchestra concerts. The trustees also draw attention to Garrett’s desire to document his personal roots in top-class international classical music via projects focusing exclusively on classical works.

David Garrett

Born in Aachen, Germany, in 1980, David Garrett has already sold more than 3 million recordings, for which he has received twelve platinum and seven gold awards in Germany alone. He rose to great fame with his ‘Rock Symphonies’ album, which spent 72 weeks in the German charts.

David Garrett gave violin concerts while still a child and signed his first recording contract with Deutsche Grammophon at the age of 12, the youngest artist ever. This was followed by numerous successful studio and live albums, as well as a variety of awards including the Echo of the Deutsche Phono-Akademie, The Golden Feather and the Classic Bambi. He has also been a UNESCO Ambassador and, for two years, was listed in the Guinness Book of Records as the world’s fastest violinist.

Characteristic of the work of David Garrett is the blend of classical works with modern pop and rock music, as well as a high experiential factor at his concerts. For many of his fans, a Garrett concert was their first contact with classical music. Moreover, he has also succeeded in reaching a wider audience with strictly classical recordings. In the course of his career, Garrett has worked with some of the world’s leading conductors, including Claudio Abbado and Zubin Mehta.

Frankfurt Music Prize
Since 1982, the Frankfurt Music Prize has honoured personalities from the music scene for extraordinary achievements in the fields of interpretation, composition, musicology, teaching and promoting music making. This year, the presentation ceremony will be held in Frankfurt’s ‘Paulskirche’, a historical building that is also the setting for the presentation of awards such as the Peace Prize of the German Book Trade and the Goethe Prize of the City of Frankfurt.

Donated by the National Association of German Musical Instruments Manufacturers (Bundesverband der Deutschen Musikinstrumenten-hersteller – BDMH) and Messe Frankfurt, the Frankfurt Music Prize is worth € 15,000. The previous prize winners include Udo Lindenberg, Peter Gabriel, Keith Emerson and Marie-Luise Neunecker. Last year, the Frankfurt Music Prize went to recently deceased US singer and song writer Al Jarreau.

The members of the Board of Trustees of the Frankfurt Music Prize of the international Musikmesse Frankfurt are:
◾The Mayor of the City of Frankfurt
◾The Chairperson of the National Association of German Musical Instruments Manufacturers (BDMH).
◾A Member of the Executive Board of Messe Frankfurt
◾Two representatives of the German Music Council (Deutscher Musikrat)
◾Two representatives of German conservatories

Source

1. Posted by    05/06/2017 18:24

I LOVE YOU FOREVER THE BEST MAN AND VIOLINISTEN FOR ME KISSES AND GOOD LUCK

2. Posted by Maren    11/04/2017 13:04

Lieber David, herzlichen Glückwunsch zum Frankfurter Musikpreis. Ich habe mir auf hr den Beitrag 2 x angesehen.
    Du siehst glücklicher aus als je zuvor – endlich wieder geerdet! Wir Fans werden Dich immer begleiten!!!!!
    LG Maren

3. Posted by    08/04/2017 22:57

Dear David,
    Congratulations with the latest award, You deserve it!
    Good luck for the coming concerts.
    Please, come soon again with any programe – You are always very welcome.
    Love and hugs
    Noemy.

4. Posted by    31/03/2017 07:42

Hello! I saw in FB page was some kind of lottery to win the possibility to be there like guest. I really cross the fingers and still do not give up to be there, happy and proud for Maestro D. Maybe there is still one ticket waiting for me… Any way i wish all the best and more more …❤️ Radha (New York/Moscow)

5. Posted by rehlein    27/03/2017 21:27

Lieber David!
    Herzlichen Glückwunsch – den Preis hast du dir fraglos verdient! Und ich bin glücklich, bei der Verleihung teilnehmen zu dürfen. Mach weiter so, du und deine Musik werden immer eine wichtige Rolle in meinem Leben spielen.
    Liebe Grüße von Beate

6. Posted by    27/03/2017 21:22

Lieber David!
    Liebe Grüße von Beate

7. Posted by    24/03/2017 06:38

I am Adriana Cantu, from Los Cabos, Mexico! yes I have been think to travel to Germany to fallow my Passion,
    to see David Garrett Explosive Live! Tour, !!!!
    my family can take care of my dog.

Hope so!

8. Posted by Nataliya Stoeva    19/03/2017 21:30

I am so glad of your success!!! Bravooo, Maestro!!! You deserve it! Foreverbyyourside, David! Much love! Wish you a great happiness!!!

9. Posted by    19/03/2017 07:53

Please Do not public any more about my messages, I like David Garrett music, but I don’t like David talked bad about his exgirlfriends, bad o good ones that should not be.
    Even that I may go and see him on tour. Lo siento.

Adriana,
    from los Cabos, Mexico

10. Posted by    18/03/2017 20:11

Hola David Garrett., I am Again Adriana from Los Cabos, Mexico
    I would like to know when are you coming to Mexico again. I need to know to make plans to fly where you come for concierto. Right now I see you are around Alemania & Others, I say on my comments before you are my Mirrow, Light inside & Outside, also When I feel tired & down as all normal feel sometimes I turn on my big screen computer and look for you on playing Kashmir, after I see how you play your violin holding firm and and srong passion, I do feel the same way to continue with All!
    After that the world can Spin!! and continue with Passion on my Life
    I will be on first chair to see you!! Oh my God I can imagine now how I will be.
    You are so Elegante on all, and Fanny also
    I am very honest and direct as you and all can see I did written down my more deep feeling.
    no many people can do this! I a proud of me.

Te quiere Adriana cantu
    from Los Cabos, Mexico

11. Posted by Priscila Carolina Lindo Myska    14/03/2017 03:30

Sempre fui apaixonada por músicas clássicas, o violino realmente me encantaEscutar as músicas do David tranquiliza e te da uma sensação de paz de paz de amor no coração, pena que estou tão distante seria muito bom ver um show dele. David vc é muito bom parabéns pelo talento.

12. Posted by    13/03/2017 12:09

Congratulation, you deserve this award. I hope one day to see a live concert. Good luck.

13. Posted by    09/03/2017 11:41

David Garrette., I,m Adriana Cantu from Los Cabos, Mexico.
    I will fly any close city in Mexico or other to go and see you on tour, I feel like you are my mirror when I see you, as people always tell me You got big Carisma!, with big Light inside and outside on you, I have not see One bad interview you have give to the interview people, sometimes big stars after fame are arrogant and emptys and feel on heaven, Yo are super Educated on the way you are, very gentleman with all people and fanny also
    You will be my inspiracion always!
    You have all, what a Talent in all sentidos

if you come Cabo for vacation some time please contact me you or your assistend, I am a happy single Mexican ver educated with around nice hardwork family, and from now on I will be better because I have on someone to inspired that like me a lot., that It is you.

Te quiere
    Adriana from Los Cabos, Mexico

14. Posted by    08/03/2017 14:52

Congratulations. Prize deserved. And I wish success.

15. Posted by    08/03/2017 14:19

Congratulations and wish success.

16. Posted by    02/03/2017 10:13

Mein lieber David! Visto che sei a Torino, ti consiglio di fare un salto alla pasticceria caffetteria PFATISCH (via Sacchi 42)…..uno dei luoghi più affascinanti e golosi della città! Ci vediamo stasera, guarda a sinistra in prima fila. Buona fortuna, ti abbraccio, Cri

17. Posted by    28/02/2017 21:24

Congratulations to David. Great news!

Greetings from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Analía S.

18. Posted by    28/02/2017 21:22

Congratulations to David! Great news!

Greetings from Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Analía S.

19. Posted by    27/02/2017 07:19

You make our lives happier with your music… You do deserve this Prize and many others! Love from Prague…

20. Posted by    27/02/2017 03:26

Hello David and good wishes!
    Well done on your selection for this award.
    Love, Carol

21. Posted by    27/02/2017 03:23

David, very well done on being chosen for this recognition! And thanks for the great overview of your career to date.
    Continue to do well and go far!
    Love, Carol

22. Posted by    26/02/2017 23:48

Im really proud of you and your music your its a great job i love your music, David you are really a great and sensibile artisti thanks fronte deep of my heart
    From Italy a great and sincere hug

23. Posted by    26/02/2017 23:44

Great David im so happy for you , your music its a proud ♩ a big hug fronte Italy

24. Posted by    25/02/2017 19:31

My dear David: Congratulations for your successful career. You are such a wonderful artist. I am a retired 64 year old woman and since I had the oportunity tu listen to your excelling violin interpretions I was really moved to the tears. I hope to attend to your shows when you come to México in November this year. Blessing to you and your excelent band.

Rosa María

25. Posted by    24/02/2017 08:35

Herzlichen Glückwunsch!

26. Posted by    23/02/2017 10:13

hate to tell you this but david is not world famous only me and about a dozen others have heard of david garrett in australia

• Posted by    05/03/2017 17:14

… and who are you??… What are you doing at David’s page if you do not consider him or his music known enough?
      Ana Maria

27. Posted by    23/02/2017 00:02

Congratulations to Mr. David !!! I was very glad it was you got this award. I wish you continued success, what with your talent, tenacity and passion is more than certain. Once again, congratulations 🙂

28. Posted by    22/02/2017 21:30

Congratulations to a such a extraordinary and sensitive violinist. My regards to his band.

29. Posted by    22/02/2017 13:12

Dear David, congratulations to you! You deserve it! I just want you to know that you made me love the sound of the violin and classical music. Now I know who Brahms is 🙂 Thank you for everything you do!
    Waiting for you in Ukraine again and again!

30. Posted by    22/02/2017 11:00

….No words). My congratulations!

31. Posted by    22/02/2017 07:35

Congrats David you must be chuffed.

32. Posted by    22/02/2017 03:54

Love,Love +Love forever!

33. Posted by    22/02/2017 03:52

Lieber David!Den Preis hast Du absolut verdient, ich freue mich für Dich+danke Dir, denn auch mich hast Du wieder an die Klassik herangeführt. Freue mich schon sehr auf Dein Konzert in Karlsruhe! Much live A.Bloch.

34. Posted by Astruth Pramita    21/02/2017 17:45

Congratulation for your award achievement.
    You had been blessed with a lot of love and talent. Keep on making a good music to the world.
    God Bless You.